A place to write down my rambles to try and stop me talking to myself...
out loud...
in front of strangers....

Tuesday 24 May 2011

Still No Knitting...

Yup, sadly no knitting, part of this is due to a certain game on a certain game console that keeps me and Hubby learning spells and traipsing around a magical castle till stupid o'clock! Its fun but I'm shattered and I cant knit and play at the same time :-(

Anywho I did manage to do some up cycling! I really wanted to put up lots of photos but the type of frames I wanted were very expensive so I had a root around in the loft and this is what I came up with..

I started with some old frames. Hubby got these from an office he was refurbishing, they were throwing them away but he really liked them. They graced our walls for a few years before we had the kidlets and photos replaced art.

I rubbed them down and primed and painted them.




I cut some card to fit the frame and mounted my favourite photos. I wanted to use the pretty corner holders that you get in posh photo albums but I couldn't find any! I used acid free double sided craft tape in the end.



A quick clean of the glass, and I was done!

I am so happy with this, I have more frames knocking about so I think I will be doing this again!

See you soon



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment